Saturday, November 5, 2011

Back To Where We Began

I am readying to return to Kenya Thursday. I look at our blue sky here, but I can already see the vastness and beauty of the African sky. I am longing to see my sister Monica and hug her. I think of driving with Francis and of the many journeys we have shared during this 9 year adventure. He has taught me a lot and I pray I have taught him some things too.
I am going back to the Village where I began 10 years ago. Without going into too many details, one could politely call it our beta program.
It was my learning place; it was where I knew that Africa would always own a piece of my heart and I would always have to return to touch that place. It was a place of humiliation and disgrace.
So now I begin again there. I am wiser now. I am accompanied by Monica and her team. I am glad I get the chance to do it right this time.
So this begins my journal for you and the Board. I must finish packing my suitcases. Funny how 100lbs fills up so quickly. Again I shall have to choose what is more important. And again I shall cover my bounty with condoms and candy. I am going home again.

No comments: