Thursday, February 10, 2011

Daniel


I want to do this story justice, but like all of my experiences in Africa, I shall never be able to give you the true essence of the man, or of my admiration and love for him.

I first met Daniel 9 years ago. Shy and subdued, there was a veiled passion for knowledge that simmered below the surface. He was the eldest of 4; his mother was the first minister I worked with in Kenya. Daniel was in college in Uganda, but it was a struggle. His father had left the family for a new wife, but would come home from time to time demanding money and support.  An abusive, alcoholic, Daniel would watch what his father would do to his mother and try his best to protect everyone.

want to read the rest? go to www.onevillageatatime.org/blog. It's well worth the trip over

No comments: