Monday, February 28, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things


While sitting in the dentist chair waiting for my mouth to numb up, my dentist asked about how things were going in Kenya. We often have delightful conversations, with me drooling or slurping, about books and the difficulties of medicine over there. He’s not much of a fiction reader, but I did get him to read the “Poisonwood Bible”
(Barbara Kingsolver). However the conversation turned to things that we needed in the field. Namely sphygmometers and speculums. These are two of my favorite things right now. So Dr. D starts telling me that I can get them cheap on ebay.

Before I know it, after he’s drilled a hole in the bone of my upper jaw, we’re taking x-rays and surfing the net. He gets right down to business and sure enough you can get sphygmomanometers for a song on eBay.

want to know the rest of the story...go to www.onevillageatatime.org/blog

No comments: