Tuesday, June 10, 2008

NoLie


I'm definitely doing better. The Wizard called several times to see how I was doing, even leaving his personal Owl for transmission of messages (read the guy left his cell phone number!)I was smitten. He said the labs didn't show anything out of the ordinary, but I was still having sweats and shivers and then a neuron exploded and I called the travel clinic. Yeah, Malaria, of course. So that's all under control and I start back in business on Thursday. (Weds. is Wizard day, remember it used to be Prince Spaghetti Day, but the Wiz tops this one.)

I just have to share this letter I got from Bluc Cross. I know, so many of you deal with insurance, hell, I couldn't live with out Margaret my billing secretary, but this totally took the cake as the funniest thing I have ever gotten from an insurance company. I know my friends and family will all be greatly relieved that they approved my admission for inpatient FOR CANCER FCS!But they did warn me that they might not in the future. Ok, so here's the letter, No lie.

Dear Member,

After careful review by the Clinical Cooination Department of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, I am pleased to inform you that the request for hospital services made on your behalf has been approved.

Place of Service: Inpatient Acute Care Hospital

Type of Service : Surgery


I'd like to remind you that your hospital admission must be medically necessary and may vary depending on your specific condition. We will work with your physcian while you are receiving hospital services (Do you think I get to bank the days I didn't use? Ha)

Also, in order to receive benefits during your hospital stay you must remain eligible for coverage and the coverage must stay in force (What am I going to do since the bill is paid?) The nature and level of benefits available to you are specified in your Subscriber Certificate (which of course everyone reads when they are about to be sliced open). Blah blah blah

Sincerely,
Mark Dichter
March Dichter M.D
Physcian Review Unit
BCBS

I must say I find his last name rather appropriate. Ah yes Mother M is feeling better.
Keep the faith y'all and the roof should be open for some bevies this weekend.

No comments: