Monday, June 2, 2008

Healing


Getting yourself sprung from the hospital requires a set of skills, which I have, in abundance, namely lunacy, enthusiasm and knowing how the system works. It was a snap to get out of that place, but Healing requires a skill set I am woefully short of. I get an A in tolerating pain, but patience, surrender, grace at being reduced to the schedule of a 3 month old neonate are all tough.

Since coming home, I have been reduced to sleeping enormous amounts, drinking tons of green tea and moseying into the white porcelain god to pay homage on a 2 hour basis. The god is a stern taskmaster. There is nothing I can do to heal faster, no amount of stubbornness or ingratiating myself to the sleep fairies will make me heal quicker.Now that the major balloon which was my lower half is shrinking the real pain starts particularly when wanting to reach something as simple as a book or my third set of glasses I had put close enough to reach with my foot. All of this requires ASKING FOR HELP. Yeah, not in this birth package, but that’s the deal here. It’s all about surrender, time, and acceptance.

I have been deeply touched by all the calls, prayers, flowers and goodies people have sent me. However today’s letter from my driver/friend and comrade in Kenya really did it for me. Healing is also about gratitude and appreciation. Francis reminds me in his simple letter what I really need to focus on. Francis, I know you are reading this, and I loved this letter so much I needed to post it for others.

Dear Susan,
First is to praise Lord for taking you through that surgery. To talk the truth,I was so worried coz when you hear somebody is going for surgery and you don't know what kind of surgery is, it's worrying.But God is great and its great to know that you are doing fine.
I would also like to tell you that i read your blog every two days;so even when we have not comunicated, am updated,so Keep up.Give my Salaams to your daughter.Bye for now hoping to hear from you soon.Francis.

Keep the faith y’all

1 comment:

The Boston Bodyworker, LLC said...

Susan,
I am so ahppy to read that you are recovering well. I have been thinking about you a lot and look forward to seeing you soon. God Blessed us again.