Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MeetMyDaisies


I have been struck over the past week by the kindness and outpouring of offers to help, to pray or just to be there for me and my daughters. It's like walking in a field of daisies on a perfect summer day.It has been a bit overwhelming actually, but I think it’s what God has in mind. You see when you are always giving, you cannot receive and you cannot let others move to higher ground. Only in the receiving, the greatest gift we give, do we offer ourselves as the means for someone else to feel good about themselves. Only from our brokenness and need,do we allow friends, even strangers to give whatever they have from their loving spirits. What an honor it has been, while I wait, to hear from so many. This is just the beginning, so I give you letters from Kenya and Boston to read so that you would have faith to reach out in your need or sorrow to others. Don't be afraid that they will let you down, that doesn't matter. It's all the beautiful daisies you will find that you didn't even know grow in your garden.It’s a walk of faith, but totally worth it.
Boston:

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did'
When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence..... “The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.” ( a client)

Susan,
I just read the blog. Whether this is appropriate or not, I just want you to know that I care about you. I am keeping you in my prayers and if I can provide you support I hope you will ask. (a client)
Kenya:
Susan,
I hope that this letter finds you well. I found your letter weighing heavily on my heart. Are you fine my sister? I am very concerned. Which type of cancer is it and is surgery the best remedy? We were looking forward to your visit in May and I am sorry that we will not see you so soon. Please accept our wishes and prayers of good will and health to you.
(minister in Nairobi)

Francis is my driver in Kenya

Dear Francis,
Mizouri sana. I hope you are well. Thank you for writing me. I must laugh about your comment about Mt. Elgon. No one in their right mind would go near Elgon. Unfortunately the doctors have told me I have cancer, and I must have surgery. That will push back my visit by a few months. I am very sad about not being able to return to Kenya, not worried about the cancer. So I re-booked my tickets for the first week in October. It is hard to wait that long, but the doctors don't think I can weather the trip before that.
I will keep in touch and let you know more details as I hear of them. Give my love to John when you see him.
Asante Sana Mim Ndugo,
Atieno

Dear Atieno
Pole sana,I know you are a strong Lady and you will overcome that but right now you should put your health first. I put you in my prayers always and also you can read psalms 23 i believe it will sooth your heart.Don't you be so worried about returning to Kenya, coz when you will come everything will be fine,i also know you are worried about the 3M in Nambale.Bye for now and feel better soon,Francis.


I cannot list them all, for my cup overflows. Please gentle people, know that all is well. I am totally in sync with this journey and I’ll be going home to Kenya as soon as I can. In the meantime, do join me for this journey. It will be worth the trip.
Keep the faith y'all

No comments: