Wednesday, September 24, 2008


Did Everything Meet with your Satisfaction?

Wow is there a difference in being a member of the health insurance company versus being a provider! I called today to finally put in the name of the new wizard. I couldn’t really change until I had gotten all that I needed from the wicked witch without actually seeing her.
So I called my insurance company to request a change to a new PCP. I did not have to press multiple numbers “if you want. press” . You know the kind I am talking about that make you feel like giving up. Oh no, I got right through. A kind southern woman (I could tell by the drawl), quickly took the information and then asked me why I was changing primary care physicians and I gave her a brief rundown of the Witch and told her to refer to my evaluation of her. The lady actually apologized for the bad treatment and when we finished she said.get this, “Did everything meet with your satisfaction today”.
What galls me is that health insurance companies are paying the same thing they did 30 years ago to us providers. They make us jump through all kinds of hoops until we get savvy and give you diagnoses that will allow you to keep coming. If I have a question or need to recertify they want me to do that on the Internet. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want my mental health discussed or read on the Internet. I don’t even know who’s reading what one would write on their sites. So, because of my ethics, I am stuck on a phone from down the rabbit hole. And trust me, at the end of the conversation no one asks me “Did Everything Meet With Your Satisfaction.”
I’m off to Kenya next week. Keep the faith y’all.

No comments: