Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Can't Resist

I am going to Kenya on Thursday. I have mixed feelings, as always, about it. There is the exhausting flight, travel, food, and various assorted illnesses I have gotten over there. But that's not the deal. I'm going to have to play the heavy and come down on 2 of the schools. I really don't have a clue how I'm going to accomplish that. See, the thing is, you can't do your life in the future. You can have an idea about it, but you can't really do it till you're there. So, I'm going on a wing and a prayer.

I think though, that the hardest part of the trip, is that I'm going to miss the Vice Presidential Debate. You know there's just not going to be a way to capture that in Nairobi, even if i did have T.V. I'm going to tape it and try and hold off on sneaking a peek on my way through Heathrow on the way home. But Tina Fey is doing such a great job, I have every confidence that I'll get most of it as soon as I'm home. And in that vein, for anyone who didn't see SNL last night, here's one for the road.

No comments: